The process starts with doing some market research and then going on a quest of understanding with users within the industry and topics at hand.
Beautiful and functional
Ideation paves the way for innovation
- Understand the requirements of the project
- Learn how the users will use this solution
- Talk to the users and empathize with their needs
- Research the market
Scouts taught me to 'always be prepared'
After market research, gathering the needs of the users, and gaining an understanding of the project – I can compile the supporting materials and begin creating concepts.
- Plan the approach to maximize time efficiency
- Early low-fi mockups to demonstrate a solution
- Prototype solutions and present them to the stakeholders
- Perform internal and external user testing with focus groups
- Create iterations and then repeat as needed
Take everything I know and make it great
This is the stage where everything comes together. Research, user interviews, prototypes, demos for stakeholders, and more has all led to this. This is when rough ideas come to life and become a stronger representation of a usable product. The project can be fleshed out in greater detail before collaborating with dev teams on implementation.
- Create a cohesive design language and design system
- Communicate the brand consistency through the solution
- Create full fidelity designs and prototype interactions
- Prepare the designs for iteration and more testing
- Collaborate with the dev teams on implementation